CapLinked is honored to take the title of Noteworthy Product in Capterra’s 2022 Shortlist for Virtual Data Room Software, a shoutout we couldn’t have earned without stellar reviews from users just like you. We couldn’t be happier to be a part of Capterra’s history as a curator of outstanding software, and we hope you’ll join us as we explore why their list is so significant and what makes us so proud to take our place on it.
Who Is Capterra?
Capterra is a free online service that pairs organizations with just the right software. Over the past two decades, they’ve taken more than 1.5 million validated reviews (meaning real reviews from real, verified buyers) into account across more than 50,000 products in 800-plus software categories. With all that data in tow — and a commitment to listing every significant product on the market — Capterra uses its unique insights to match companies with the software that best addresses their individual needs.
What Is the Shortlist for Virtual Data Room Software?
Capterra’s popular annual Capterra Shortlist (previously known as the Capterra Top 20) is an independent assessment that encompasses user reviews and online search activity to create a list of market leaders across the software space — including those in the virtual data room (VDR) space, like us. The shortlist comes in the form of a chart that plots the top products, based on Capterra’s proprietary blend of both user ratings and popularity, allowing for a nuanced assessment of the top performers.
How the Winners Are Determined
Capterra’s current methodology scores software in two key categories, each represented by an axis on the chart:
- User ratings, represented on the X-axis, take into account verified reviews of a product written in the last 24 months, with a rating scale of one star to five stars.
- Popularity, on the Y-axis, examines the average monthly search volume based on Capterra’s proprietary methodology, plus the position of each software vendor’s domain on the search engine results page for a standardized set of keywords.
Of course, there are some criteria for consideration. For instance, each product must have at least 20 unique reviews and achieve a minimum popularity score, and the shortlist covers only the North American market. When the criteria is met, “User Ratings” and “Popularity” are weighted and scaled to a value ranging from 1 to 50 to determine where a software product lands on the chart.
How CapLinked Made the Shortlist
Speaking of landing on the chart, CapLinked is proud to be named a Noteworthy Product on Capterra’s 2022 Shortlist for Virtual Data Room Software, published in June 2022. As Capterra puts it, “Noteworthy Products have distinguished themselves among all the products in the category by being among the top-rated and most popular products, as well as [by] offering key features our researchers have identified as core to the category.”
In addition to our notably rising popularity, we have to brag just a little about CapLinked’s 49 out of 50 User Ratings score, averaging a 4.5 out of a possible 5, based on more than 115 user reviews. Capterra notes that CapLinked is especially suited for professionals seeking to exchange confidential documents with third parties who value security, ease of use and 24/7 services and support, and is particularly valued for M&A, raising capital, asset sales and licensing. But don’t take it from them or us — take it from some of the user reviews Capterra examined to make their judgment:
“The ease of use is […] why we use CapLinked. We work with a lot of outside consultants and customers that need to access folders and files and not once did anyone struggle to access their data. We tested a few data rooms and CapLinked was by far the best value for money.” — Elmo L.
“CapLinked is intuitive, cutting edge and very transparent in their pricing. Their customer support is responsive, helpful and thorough — providing an excellent customer experience.” — Jackson E.
“The ease of use is what stands out. It was easy to onboard other users as well quickly. The user interface is intuitive and the software is stable. I was able to do the initial configuration within 15 minutes.”
— Ashok R.
“CapLinked is the only modern platform with full API support for integrating it with our applications. No other product comes close to providing the same level of support.” — Chuck S.
The Features That Got Us There
It’s clear that real-life users are responding to our industry-leading VDR and document management software that empowers you to securely share, track and audit all of your most important files and communications, both inside and outside your enterprise, on the device or platform of your choice. When you use CapLinked, you’ll enjoy the features that landed us on Capterra’s shortlist, including the following:
- Easy access from virtually any device from CapLinked’s web-based platform
- An intuitive dashboard-based UI with quick access to workspaces, notifications, messages and contacts
- SSAE16 Type II and ISO 27001 security certification
- Unrivaled file and folder upload speeds
- Browser viewing compatibility for PDFs, Microsoft Office files, images, videos and more
- Track changes for stored documents
- Editing capabilities for Microsoft Excel and Word documents within the CapLinked platform
- Setup in as little as 10 minutes
- Private and permission-based fully configurable workspaces
- Full API with private keys (contact our firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Dedicated account specialists ready to train your team and help you along the way
- 99.95% guaranteed uptime service-level agreements
- Data migration, integration and setup services
Oh, and we can’t forget the most important feature that got us on the Capterra Shortlist — users just like you. Thank you so much for expressing your support and satisfaction for CapLinked this year; we can’t tell you how much it means to us. Here’s to you, here’s to this year’s shortlist and here’s to next year’s, too.
Dan Ketchum has been a freelance writer, consultant and small business owner for over a decade. Now based in Dallas, he has been fortunate enough to collaborate with business brands such as Samsung, Verizon, Fortune, Office Depot, MSN Money and more.