Anyone who’s ever managed a capital raise or an asset sale can tell you the journey from prospecting to closing is often long and tedious. Fortunately, CapLinked has many useful features to help make the entire process easier and faster. Here are five important tips to managing a deal:
1. Set up a Deal Room. Think of a deal room as the central hub from which to manage your entire financing round or asset sale. CapLinked’s free deal rooms are secure and private; they can only be accessed by the people you invite. Deal rooms let you control who views your offer and ensure that all of your prospective investors have access to the most recent version of your documents.
2. Control Document Access with “Roles.” Once you’ve uploaded relevant documents to your deal room, you can create customized permission levels called “roles” and assign them to your documents. For example, you might choose to have your slide deck and term sheet be accessible to everyone you invite to your deal room, but only investors who indicate they’re interested would be able to access your cap table, shareholder rights, and purchase agreement.
3. Share the Deal with Your Prospects. Deal rooms are private until you’re ready to share them. Invite your colleagues or business partners to the deal and make them an administrator, so they can help you set up the deal room and add documents. Then import your contacts into your CapLinked “Connections” address book so it’s easy to share your deal with all of your advisors and prospective investors. Whenever you meet a new prospect, send them an invitation to your deal. And you have the option of allowing people invited to your deal to share it with others.
4. Track Who’s Viewed Your Deal. Unlike emails that can easily be ignored, you can see who’s viewed your CapLinked deal room and downloaded documents. CapLinked PRO users even receive real-time email notifications whenever a prospect accesses their deal. This makes following up with interested leads much easier.
5. Send Updates to Your Prospects. Closing a deal usually takes weeks or even months, so making sure your prospective investors remain in-the-loop about developments is important. CapLinked deal rooms allow you to send updates to your prospects, making it easy to get the word out about a significant contract or other major development.