Secure web apps ensure that your uploaded data is kept safe. Web apps should have the following ten traits for optimal user security.
1. Internal audits are performed – Companies should audit both their internal processes as well as their service providers to ensure that all accreditations and external processes are up-to-date and secure.
2. Strong password policy – Both end-users and company employees should be forced to have strong passwords in place to keep admin functionality out of the hands of hackers.
3. Data classification policies – Every employee of the company should know what types of data are stored and how to handle each one. This ensures confidential data is protected with the utmost care.
4. Failover/Disaster recovery plan in place – A company should have a plan in case an emergency happens. It should have backup vendors and know how to quickly respond to urgent matters.
5. SSL encryption – All data should be encrypted when being uploaded/downloaded or transferred.
6. Activity tracking – The viewing and downloading of sensitive files should be tracked.
7. Uptime – Having a secure application doesn’t do any good if it’s not reliably hosted. The app should be hosted with 99.9% uptime and ideally have been accredited under various certifications like ISO 27001, SOC1/2, PCI Level 1, etc.
8. Backups – The application should perform, at minimum, daily backups/snapshots of the data for recovery purposes.
9. Hiring/Firing checklists – Employees come and go, but sensitive information should remain secure. A secure company should keep track of all services for which access is provided/restricted and monitor them constantly.
10. Admin security groups – Users should know who has access to their data. Only the most trusted employees should have access to data on a need-to-know basis.
Your security is extremely important to us here at CapLinked. As a CapLinked administrator, you have the ability to manage and know who views and downloads your files. In addition, CapLinked uses two-factor authentication. Click below to see how CapLinked addresses all the aforementioned features.