There has never been a way to incorporate the secure and powerful functionality of a virtual data room into custom software–until now. CapLinked has built a complete Virtual Data Room API that allows developers and clients to integrate our secure file sharing and information control tools directly into proprietary and third-party applications.
What’s an API?
For anyone not familiar with the concept of an API, the term stands for Application Program Interface. In the context of software, an API is typically understood to be a means for one program to communicate with another through a clearly defined set of instructions. This enables programmers who are developing a proprietary application to use a third party’s software (in this case, CapLinked) to perform routines and pass information back and forth.
APIs have become a powerful tool for developers building proprietary programs or customizing third-party software. Some well known examples of APIs include online payment provider Stripe and messaging provider Twilio. Rather than having to build credit card processing or SMS text messaging features themselves, developers can leverage Stripe and Twilio’s “tool kits” to put those features directly into their applications.
CapLinked has built a fully functioning API
CapLinked’s API is similar to Stripe or Twilio in that we offer a set of RESTful API endpoints that let developers seamlessly integrate with any application to quickly and easily share, protect, and track their business’s sensitive data. Our Virtual Data Room API gives developers the power to:
- Protect and encrypt data into safe, secure cloud storage while maintaining accessibility
- Configure Access Control List (ACL) privileges for users
- Apply Enterprise Digital Rights Management (DRM) to Microsoft Office and PDF files
- Create custom dynamic watermarks on documents using information such as name, timestamps, and IP address
- Generate exhaustive user activity data and audit trail reports
- Leverage optical character recognition (OCR) to search stored files
The CapLinked API is based on RESTful principles, is secured by HMAC public/private authentication with TLS & request signing and provides JSON messages, search, pagination, and filtering. Our intuitive API, SDKs and expert support give Developer Teams a complete virtual data room functionality they can implement in minutes.
For a complete list of the functionality supported by CapLinked’s API, please refer to the API documentation section of our developer portal.
Benefits of a Virtual Data Room API
CapLinked’s API can help deliver custom solutions for a wide range of use cases, including finance, CRM, business deals, audit, RFPs, project management, KYC, investor and board portals–basically whenever sensitive information is exchanged.
Our virtual data room API can be used to provide:
- Robust Document Protection: Protect any type of file, regardless of how you share it or who you share it with, using enterprise-grade security credentials and technology.
- Streamlined Workflow: Integrate CapLinked into an existing enterprise technology stack for streamlined file-sharing; our API works seamlessly with third-party and proprietary applications.
- Enterprise Information Control: Enterprises can protect confidential files through the apps their company already uses by applying CapLinked’s access control functionality.
Get Your Own CapLinked API key
Developers are invited to sign-up for a free API developer account with CapLinked. You can also use your Github account to authenticate for an account. Each account includes an API key, complementary sandbox testing environment, and a $500 credit to use toward a production account.